Word Junior Transformations
- Students use the World Junior and Hockey Canada Logos to perform transformations on grid paper.
Home Team Attendance
Building an Arena
- Students use estimation strategies and number sense to estimate the attendance of a National Hockey League team in a Canadian hockey market
- Students will use their knowledge of measurement – capacity, perimeter, surface area etc. to construct/build a Hockey Canada arena.
Basic Facts Hockey Puzzle - Multiplication
- Students work on the basic skill multiplying 2 digit by 2 digit numbers to discover the name of a Hockey Canada player.
- Students will use a repertoire of math strategies to solve decimal multiplication problems
Basic Facts Hockey Puzzle – Division
- Students work on the basic skill of division (3-digit by 1-digit) and interpret remainders to discover the name of the Hockey Canada player.